Provide overall management for large, complex or multiple small and/or medium size projects from award through final acceptance by the Owner so that Setterlin may successfully complete its contractual obligations and produce a quality structure at the lowest possible cost, on schedule, with a reasonable profit and with client satisfaction.
Participate in developing new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients, geographical area or type of project.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
- Responsible for project setup, schedule, cost control, quality control, project communications, project relationships, change management, project closeout and safety.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering, construction management, or architecture degree or equivalent, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee and subcontractor performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is essential; excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a business professional.
Setterlins’ project managers are directly responsible for profit/loss, schedule and job cost control/adherence, contractual performance, careful observance of Corporate Policies and Procedures and to protect/promote the interest of Setterlin in all matters.
Candidates must have previous experience managing commercial construction contracts ranging $1-$20million on multiple projects, supervising trade contractors, scheduling and maintaining financial control of the project. We need to know that you’ve done it, not that you can do it. Some travel will be required. Almost all Setterlin projects are located within central and southern Ohio. Must have a consistent employment history, demonstrating loyalty and commitment.